Growing up in the projects in the Bronx in a mixed- race family gave me a thick skin and taught me to stand up to bullies. I learned to work for everything, including putting myself through college and finishing my MBA while working full time. Playing team sports taught me leadership, collaboration and a strong work ethic.
My family instilled in me core values of integrity, community, and a commitment to volunteerism/public service. As a family we were taught that we are stronger together than we are apart. Division only benefits the divider not the divided.
As Mayor, I will work hard to restore civility to our Board and work with members of all political parties to restore balance. Our Village needs responsible stewardship of our tax dollars and a commitment to address the unique needs of each distinct facet of our community.
Every member of the community deserves to be heard and diverse perspectives combined with appropriate research, leading to better decisions to benefit all. We may not agree on everything, but I promise to provide improved, transparent communication, cohesive plans that address our community needs, and to be a public servant rather than a career politician.
My experience includes:
• Chief Human Resources Officer in a social services agency of 800-1,000 employees in more than 25 locations
• President of the Board of Directors for Evelyn Court for 13 years
• Current Commissioner on the HCZMC (Harbor Coastal Zone Management Commission)
• Former member of Traffic Commission, ad-hoc Coyote Committee and ad-hoc PRRC (Police Reform and Reinvention Committee)
• Supporter of Animal Rescue and Volunteer at NY Pet Rescue
• Volunteer at LMHTF (Larchmont Mamaroneck Hunger Task Force)